Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cultural issues for NNS students studying in NS environments    

Cultural issues for NNS students studying in NS environments

Jayho
Australia

Cultural issues for NNS students studying in NS environments

G �day

Does anyone know of any links to discussion cards/topics on above?

It�s for Intermediate+ adults preparing for post-secondary/tertiary studies in native speaking colleges/uni�s

Cheers

Jayho

P.S.  Blame me if this page looks very skinny - when I first posted this it went crazy so I deleted it and reposted and now it �s super skinny.  I deleted it again but the page did not change so I then reposted again - sorry sorry sorry

19 Feb 2011      

roneydirt
United States

May be a silly question but have you googled it?  Found some links to ESL, TEFL sites as well as some news articles from different news agencies and magazines.  Other key words would include students of second language, immigrant students, foreign exchange, plus.   Will full articles be ok?
as an example:

19 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks for your quick reply Roney

I �m looking for ready made conversation cards that I can simply print off for the students to discuss - it �s for them to talk about from their perspective in terms of integrating into a NS uni environ.

I just don �t have time to make my own - flat chat at present

19 Feb 2011     

roneydirt
United States

You can make them.   Did find this article interesting.

It is about how the city created culture cards to give to International students to explore the city of Victoria for free.  Can make a discussion out of that on how to make it easier to transition by seeing culture icons of the city they moved to.

19 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Wow - that�s an interesting link Roney - I never knew about that and it certainly is not in my state.

I googled a bit more and found this very interesting one which I can get some ideas from (as the other is not available via the web).  Somehow I think I�ll be making my own, in the wee hours of Monday morning before the birdies get up.

19 Feb 2011