Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Downloading with real-player from youtube    

Downloading with real-player from youtube

puddyd
Oman

Downloading with real-player from youtube

Hi all, I hope this hasn �t been asked yet? 
Does anyone know why we cannot download anymore from youtubeCry, my students love it when I show them these vids , is there a solution or a way around it?
Thanks in advance 
Andrea

21 Feb 2011      

kmochniak
Poland

If you use Google Chrome browser, all you need to do is get a plug-in and enable it. Then you �ll have a small window under your youtube video which makes it possible for you to download:) Just google it and I �m sure you �ll find it. It �s free and very very easy:)

The other possibility is with VLC player. Open your VLC, click on File and then "open a stream from a source on the internet" or whatever it is in your language. You �ll see a window where you need to paste the address of the video (just copy and paste). VLC will open your video and you need to click the red button underneath the video. It �ll be recorded as you watch it.

Hope I �ve been of some help:)

Kasia

21 Feb 2011     

cacucacu
Argentina

Andrea yo can still download from youtube using other programs such as jdownloader or anyt video converter to mention a few. Jdownloader is an excellent tool to download ANYTHING from the net. I hope you find this comment useful
Love
NAty 

21 Feb 2011     

anamarbelen
Spain

Hello, Andrea. I use a free programme called aTube Catcher. Its use is very easy. The only thing you have to do is to copy the url address and to choose the format you want for your video: WMA, WMV, mp4...There are a lot of different formats. I hope you find this information useful. Greetings from Spain.

21 Feb 2011     

Maria Jose Garcia
Spain

I also use aTube Catcher. It �s very useful. With it you can also change the format of the videos you have. 

21 Feb 2011     

puddyd
Oman

Wow, thanks for the quick response everyone.I �ll check out which one of these will work for me.
Have a good evening and thank again for the help.
Rgds
Andrea

21 Feb 2011     

crisholm
Spain

I �m downloading one just now... Are you sure?

21 Feb 2011