Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > stolen contribution sam the rat    

stolen contribution sam the rat

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

stolen contribution sam the rat

Hello to everyone. first of all let me tell to all the moderators that i am touched for all the things that were posted in the moderator page about me. Thanks for trusting me. Secondly.. there has been an honest mistake with my contribution. As you all know during the past few days we have been having troubles with our uploading system, so i was trying to upload a mini book i made for my students and wanted to share with you. I made this minibook with the dedicated teacher �s template. Since it was my first time trying to do so, i made one with a story i found on the internet. My students loved it so much i decided to make my own and drew all the pictures and made a similar story for them. i called it sam sat. when i was trying to upload, i got the chance to do it but fearing i was gonna miss the chance i did it in a rush not checking properly if i was uploading the right one. the one i used from the intenet is also called sam and i just named both files , sam 1 and sam 2 if you see the pictures in my blog, you can see the one i was supposed to upload. the one it was made by me. The one that is a copy was intended to be used in my classroom and not to be uploaded here as i would never put a copy here, although in my classroom and for my personal use is another story. I dont really know what to do, but i guess i can either offer this. one remove it as what it is.. a copy... or two give me the chance to edit it and put the right one. is up to you guys i will accept whatever you decide. I am truly sorry i wasn �t careful enough. Another thing Moravac... lol i was in such a hurry fearing that i might loose the oportunity to upload that i think that is why i couldnt even spell. But thanks for your comment.

27 Feb 2011      

roneydirt
United States

Maybe take it down and re-upload it with the corrections.  I am normally the hard*** about this makeing sure we do it correctly before we upload it.

27 Feb 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i tried to upload the picture here but i couldnt so i posted them on my blog

27 Feb 2011     

ellakass
Israel

Dear Liz! Please upload the book after editing. It is very useful.
And I think that your contributions and help to the site and site members  are so great that we can "forgive" you your mistake!

27 Feb 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi Liz!

We all knew there was something wrong because you �re a creative and skillful teacher and have tons of original files, so we would hardly believe you uploaded it.

I understand your anxiety when you had the opportunity to upload your file, I myself had felt the same before Victor fixed the uploading system, it took ages until I was able to upload something here. Since it was an unusual circumstance I do believe your intention was to upload as soon as possible.

Note: I believe that even if you had noticed you had uploaded the wrong file, you wouldn �t have been able to update it because the system was down.

Have a nice Sunday!

Zailda

27 Feb 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

@ ellakass  ty for your kind words

@zailda  thk you too for understanding and let me tell you that the day i was finally uploading i had 3 tabs opened trying to upload my 3 ws  at the same time thinking that it was a fluke that i had to upload, the other 2 didnt got through. so i didnt even bother to check until today when i entered the site and i found the messages. anyway i just learned my lesson to be careful, have a proper name for the fles, and separate my original work from the ones that i adapt from other sources which i am doing right now and is taking me ages since i have like thousands of ws and ppts.

27 Feb 2011     

roneydirt
United States

going to try to repost...  not sure if it is the "solar flares" or what but some of my previous post failed to post....    I am happy you mention you had issues and stood up to say it and are trying to fix it.  It means you have self-respect and willing to face responsibility even if the action was your fault or technical error.  Either way may your name ring out in the great halls as an honorable person.  I salute you.  I hope to have a chance to download it after the repair.... even if I don �t need it at this time but can use it for future use.

for others.  If my posts seem a little off had a accident earlier and at home recovering.  Good news a group of children were saved.  Please no thank yous It is my job.  Sadly just took out the stitches from being hit and got new ones.  In the country I am in you have to look all 4 ways to cross the street.  But no worries as my Grandmother said I have a really really hard head thanks to her son, my father.  Tongue

27 Feb 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hihi Liz,
You must have been in a hurry my dear! The spelling... :*D  Oh sorry, this was not very nice of me... I have to admit I got excited too when I was able to upload after such a long time...
I am happy the mystery is solved and there is no hacker around...
I am afraid you cannot upload the correct file now. This can be done when the worksheet is not in the reported wss section any more.
I voted the worksheet to stay, so maybe if more moderators voted for not removing, you could upload the correct ws.

This situation happened to me too. I had about 5 versions of the collection of ws templates and I was trying to fit the document in the 300 kB limit and in the end I uploaded the earlier version, so there were the last two templates missing and instead of them there was a picture of a cute princess (or a fairy) painted in Word by me.
Well NOBODY complained and I realised my mistake a week or two later. :-D

"To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine."
All members who have the honour to be your friends are at your side. Don �t worry.

27 Feb 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Liz.. I didn �t get a chance to see the pictures you are talking about but they sound like they might be from an old series by Ginn with Bat Rat and so on. If that �s the case those are in public domain so you don �t have to worry about them. Ed

27 Feb 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

is ok ed the moderators decided to remove them. but anyaway this ws was not for the site i meant to send another one.

27 Feb 2011     

lshorton99
China

Hi Liz

I �ve seen (and frequently downloaded) your work. I �m sure it was an honest mistake and no one thinks less of you. I missed the discussion on the reported contributions page but I �m know that the other moderators would have realised that it wasn �t your intention to copy and not judged you for making a mistake.

Keep contributing to the site - please! On the plus side - it �s never likely to happen again!

Take care!

Lindsey

28 Feb 2011