Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me    

Please help me

mahaenglish
Egypt

Please help me

Tomorrow I will explain a phonics lesson to children in grade one. I will explain the sound of Le like in( giggle wiggle puddle cuddle). Do u have anysong? or any creative way in explaining the lesson????Confused  thanks

28 Feb 2011      

Lyrill
Saint Lucia

Hello, Don �t know if you will find this useful but do you know the song: "If you �re happy and you know it clap your hands" and students do the action? Maybe you can substitute using wiggle your hips, tickle a friend, suggle with a friend etc. After the song talk about the actions they performed and write the words on the board. Ask them what they noticed about the words till they come up with the "le". Then ask them to give you more examples. At the end of the lesson, you can sing the song again and use the examples they gave you. Hope I was helpful. 

28 Feb 2011     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

there is a british kids song called �jelly on a plate �

�jelly on a plate �
�jelly on a plate �
wibble wobble
�jelly on a plate �

heres a modern version on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QoQVcTBpYU

1 Mar 2011