Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Teaching young children    

Teaching young children

sclail
Italy

Teaching young children

Hi Everyone,

I �m starting 1-to-1 lessons with a 5 year old today...Any ideas??  I usually teach older children or adults.

It �s not the first English course for the child but is the first time I will meet him.  So apart from finding out what he already can do (colours, numbers etc) I �m wondering if you can offer any advice on warming up (breaking the ice and making a good impression for the first day - to make sure he listens to me and has respect in the future!) and keeping his attention.

Thanks in advance!

SC
x

2 Mar 2011      

andreabin
Brazil

Dear,

I think you should play some games. Here, in my profile, I have some ideas of domino and cards, you may find interesting to print them.

In order to keep respect, I think you should have a kind of agreement in this very first day. You could draw some pics showing respect, understanding, etc!

Hope u 2 have fun!

2 Mar 2011