Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with fonts    

Help with fonts

dani385
Japan

Help with fonts

Hi everyone!

I �m trying to upload my worksheet but the font isn �t appearing right in the preview.
The text looks like symbols and pictures (webdings?)

I figured that the font I was using wasn �t supported, so I changed it to a more common font, but I �m still getting the same problem.

I last tried it with "arial" but it still didn �t appear right.

Does anyone know what �s going on?!

Any help will be much appreciated! Smile

Daniel.

3 Mar 2011      

cacucacu
Argentina

Daniel I thinks the system operates with simple fonts. I know arial is very simple so it �s hard to explain what happemed. anyway, you can try this:
Copy your worksheet and stick it in a picture editor. Eg PAINT. You can now save your worksheet as a jpg. You later stick this jpg document onto a Word file and voila!
You have your worksheet ready with the font you want!
I hope it works for you
Love from Argentina
NAty

3 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hi Daniel,

I �m puzzled why Arial didn �t work too, but if you do go for the saving as a picture option, then it is better to save just the title as a picture and insert it into the document so that the rest of your document remains editable.

Another option is to choose to embed the font, though in my experience although this works most of the time it doesn �t always. I can �t quite remember how to do it offhand but if you don �t know send me a PM and I �ll let you know.

GOOD LUCK!

3 Mar 2011     

dani385
Japan

Thanks guys for the quick replies!

I should be able to sort it out now.

Thanks again! Big smile

3 Mar 2011