Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Compressing printables    

Compressing printables

karina7777
Denmark

Compressing printables

Hi everybody,

I was trying to upload a printable but couldn �t - and then I realized that it was too big; 847 kB.
What is it I do to make it smaller? I have read about it in here but can �t find the thread.
Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Smile Karina

6 Mar 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

If you use pics, they take up less space if you first save them to your pc and then insert them. You can also double click on the pics, then click on format, then compress and OK, OK... It can reduce the size of your wss in a really noticeable way.

6 Mar 2011     

karina7777
Denmark

Thank you very much, Anitarobi. I did that and now it �s 658 kB. Is there anything else I can do?

6 Mar 2011     

ananthajyothi
India

I had a similar problem and I didn �t want to compromise on any of the activities. So I sent it in 2 parts.

Jyothi

6 Mar 2011     

Mariethe House
France

just do it again Karina until you get to the size you want! By the way how �s the little giraffa in love? Wink  nice to see you!Smile

6 Mar 2011     

vali_17
Romania

I think I have a solution for you! If you want to upload your file as a picture, first open that picture with "paint", then click "save as", then, in the "save as type" section click jpeg, jpg. This will reduce 20-25 times the initial dimensions. Best of luck!

6 Mar 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello. lizsantiago has many tutorials that might help you. You �ll find some here: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=21416 Ed

6 Mar 2011     

karina7777
Denmark

Thank you  for your help everybody!
Mariethe, so happy that you remember me and the giraffe! Wink
 I �ve been inactive on this site for a very long time since I took a sabattical to go travelling. Am still off but am preparing worksheets for my little sister who is teaching English as well ; )

6 Mar 2011