Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > German for beginners (adult learners)    

German for beginners (adult learners)

Akanah
Spain

German for beginners (adult learners)

Hi! Could anyone recommend me a good book to study German (beginners /adult learners)?
Thanks!
Olga 

7 Mar 2011      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I don �t know about a book, but http://islcollective.com has a section in German, it works like ESL printables but the contributions are in German.

Hope it helps

(Carnival here, getting a little rest...)

Edit: To access the material in German, click on the German flag and register. No points are needed to download, no daily limit for contributions.

7 Mar 2011     

lisa.weix
Austria

Hi Olga,
I bought this for an American friend (not level 1, but 3 as he�s not a beginner any more), and he is very happy with it:
... take a look inside the book! :)
Do you know livemocha.com? That�s a nice place to learn a language, too (like Rosetta Stone, but it�s free...), I�m trying to improve my Spanish there ... more or less... ;)
Have fun learning German! =)
Elisabeth.
P.S.: Who said "Life�s too short to learn German"?!?! ;D

7 Mar 2011     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I used to work with Temen( H�ber Verlag), but I think that all the books for beginners are good. Check out the sites from the publishers chose, the one you find nicer.
Here is a site where you can check out a lot of publishers

7 Mar 2011     

Akanah
Spain

Thanks! 

I studied German at University, 10 years ago... and I can �t remember a word! That �s sad, innit? lol
I �m gonna give it another chance, let �s see what happens!

So, once again, thank!

@ Zailda, I can see Carnival on TV, i �m so green with envy!! In Spain, the "comparsas" (a group of people) sing funny songs related to politics and famouse people. They are great. But your Carnival is so different, original and colourful! It looks amazing. Have fun!

@ Lisa, good luck with your Spanish. If you need any help just let me know ;=)

@ Silvia, thanks for the link. I used Themen Neu but, as I said, I can �t remember a word!!

Olga

7 Mar 2011