Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Help me please!    

Help me please!

szamoca
Hungary

Help me please!

Dear Colleagues,

I had to translate one of my student �s application to a summer camp. I would like you to have a look at my translation because I want to be sure it can be understood. There were some Hungarian expressions that I �ve never thought of before in English, so I �m not sure about them.

Team work: I have worked in various types of teams during school lessons, I also attend extra curricular activities such as audovisual communication and written media lessons as well as I acquired the use of media resources and equipment. Moreover I am a constant participant of school ceremonies and competitions.

Thanks in advance.

10 Mar 2011      

languageleader88
Andorra

I don �t find any mistke! Smile

10 Mar 2011     

dianaaschner
United States

Mostly a few nit-picky punctuation things, but overall it �s pretty good.  Here �s my revised version:

Team work: I have worked in various types of teams during school lessons. I also attend extra curricular activities such as audiovisual communication and written media lessons.  In doing so, I have acquired the use of media resources and equipment.  Moreover, I am a constant participant in school ceremonies and competitions.

10 Mar 2011     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

I think you should put a full stop after school lessons.

�as well as acquiring � is grammatically correct but I dont think that is what you want to say.

acquiring knowledge of media resources...  perhaps?

Furthermore, I regularly participate in ...   (sounds more natural to me)

10 Mar 2011     

szamoca
Hungary

Thanks a lot for each of you. You were really helpful.Hug

10 Mar 2011