Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > multiple choice question    

multiple choice question

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

multiple choice question

Hi everybody,

First of all, thanks to everybody who answer my previous thread about cockney, particularly to Zora and Jayho.

If you ______ your glasses at home, you won �t be able to see the board at school.

A abandon      B forget      C leave      D miss

Why is "C" right? Would "B" be right?

If I ___ his sports car, he will be very angry.

A break      B damage      C wound      D injure

"B" is right, but could "A" be ok?

There has been a ___ in the rate of unemployment since last October.

A limit      B decrease      C shortage      D loss

"B" is right but could "C" be right? There ... a shortage in the number of people who are unemployed since last October?

Thanks in advance.

12 Mar 2011      

viccxx
Greece

1. You forget sth somewhere but you leave sth at a place. Therefore it �s C. "if you leave your glasses at home..."
 2. We don �t generally break a car. You can break the windshield or the mirrors but not the entire car, so B is more correct.
3. Shortage implies that there �s no enough of something, like in "there is a shortage of fresh vegetable because of the bad weather." We could say a drop in the rate of something or a decrease in the rate of something.
Hope my explanation help!

12 Mar 2011