Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Creative writing young adults    

Creative writing young adults

wende
Spain

Creative writing young adults

Hi dear teachers, I have been reading the topics about creative writing and I find them really interesting. Lots of useful resources, that �s for sure.
In this case I �m interested in something more personal. I would like to know about someone who has developed or been involved in a creative writing workshop for teenagers or young adults. There �s a couple of things I �d like to know
How long did it last?
Use of dictionary y/n and how to manage its use during the workshop
is it apropriate for intermediate level young adults? too difficult for them?

and any other thing you �d like to point out about creative writing workshops

it would be of great help
thanks in advance :D
cristina

14 Mar 2011      

ktrob
United Kingdom

Hi Cristina,

I did a short course in creative writing with my year 11 students a few years ago.  I can �t remember all the details but I think we started with character development.  I remember them having a lot of fun with it.  I set out some questions about what sort of character they would have.  Height, Age, Gender, hair/eye color and so on.  You can be as specific or as general as you like so you can make it easier for lower level students.  

Once we had a character we went on to think about a setting for their story.  I think we did the same kind of thing with questions. Then we moved on to theme and plot.  Sorry this is a rather vague, it �s been a long time and I have also lost some work from my old computer. Hope it helps a little though! 

Katie

15 Mar 2011