Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > New Zealand singers and celebrities    

New Zealand singers and celebrities

Sonn
Russian Federation

New Zealand singers and celebrities

Dear teachers from New Zealand. I start a topic "New Zealand" now with my students. I like to use songs on my lessons and it would be very nice if you could give me the names of the singers and other celebrities from this country.

I know two people: Peter Jackson and Hayley Wetenra (btw, I adore Heyley �s voice).

It would be nice if you could give me some other names and songs.

Thanks in advance,
Natalia

17 Mar 2011      

cheezels
New Zealand

Tim Finn and Neil Finn/ Crowded House: I am sure if you look them up you would definitely know a couple of their songs.
Dave Dobbyn is also an oldie that has been around for a while- slice of heaven being really popular when the movie footrot flats came out :-)

While there are many bands I really love some of the content is not always PG rated for classroom use....

17 Mar 2011     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Thank you very much for your help, cheezels StarHug

17 Mar 2011     

mrlypy
Brazil

by the way, try Enya on youtube, she one of the greatest, my opinion of course.

17 Mar 2011     

santunes70
Portugal

Isn�t Enya Irish????

17 Mar 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Of course Enya is Irish - even more so on this most Irish of Days - but I guess mrlypy just wants you to compare Enya �s �otherworldly � voice with Helena �s. They are quite similar. 

PS  my favourite reference to Enya comes from American Dad:

Stan Smith: "This singer has THE most angelic voice...he makes Enya sound like a Russian couple arguing at the bowling alley!"

(with apologies to our Russian colleagues)

PPS  Helena�s not the singer on Celtic Woman�s version of �Caledonia�, is she?

17 Mar 2011