Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Exchanging a cultural box    

Exchanging a cultural box

dorelame
Turkey

Exchanging a cultural box

Hi everyone,
We have an English club at school.I want to send a box to another school from another country.I will send some photos, articles ,definitions etc in the box.My student and I will prepare this box.If you want to send us yours please pm me.This is a kind of cultural project .Thanks

22 Mar 2011      

essam35
Egypt

hi i really want help but don �t know how can i send them to you and what types of work to you want me to send

22 Mar 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I really wanted to do this project at the beginning of this school year. I learnt about the idea from British Council website. I �ve been trying to contact them all summer by e-mail to arrange things ahead of time but there was no answer for a long time... then I got a message from their representative in Kyiv (our capital city) and they told me I could register at the globalgateway website and look for a partner school there. I never tried, got involved in other things but may be I �ll try next year (God willing). It �s too late fro me to start a project this school year as we have about 2 months of school left and it �s going to be all about tests and exams now. But I suggest you try find your partner through globalgateway. Just like you I came here but didn �t get any response (probably because I was looking for a partner class of a specific age group and it had to be from an English-speaking country) So I �ve been in your shoes sort of and would really like to wish you luck and I hope it works for you. 
For those of you, who are interested in doing this project, here �s a description.
Sophia

22 Mar 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

We owe to Maria Montessori the idea of having Cultural boxes in the classroom.  I`m not a classroom teacher anymore but I used to have fantastic boxes with items from several countries.  Each continent had a box, or rather a container typical from one of the countries - an African basket, a Japanese box...  Since my students traveled a lot and many were from various countries (I used to work at an international school) parents always  brought something interesting from the countries they visited.  We had a small box with pebbles from a beach in France, a troll from Denmark, coins, stamps, shells, artifacts...  A lot of things that enriched my classroom and broadened my young students` horizons.

I encourage you to hang on to this idea.

23 Mar 2011     

aboabed3
Saudi Arabia

That sounds a nice idea! I hope we can contact to arrange for what we can do.

27 Mar 2011