Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > School trip in Greece. Any interesting suggestions?    

School trip in Greece. Any interesting suggestions?

mongu
Spain

School trip in Greece. Any interesting suggestions?

Hello everybody in Greece!
We are travelling to Athens in a week �s time,  and I wonder if you could help me with my teens there with any awesome activity or visit we must not miss... We have certainly prepared the trip but I accept any suggestion for the free time. Apart from Athens, we �ll visit Mykonos, Patmos, Santorini and Heraklion. Thanks in advance to the Greek Colleagues! Perhaps we could even meet there with our students and share a coffee..
Montse, Spain

29 Mar 2011      

magneto
Greece

Hi there!

Well, as far as Athens is concerned, you should definitely visit the Acropolis (itself) and the Acropolis Museum and its caf�: Great museum and nice and cheap caf�. If you have the time, you should also take your students around for a walk in Thisseio (under the Acropolis) and Monastiraki. It �s a really nice walk and there are some nice caf�s there (a bit on the expensive - at least for us- side, though).

You should avoid Omonoia Square, however...Not very safe there, I �m afraid...And it breaks my heart to be saying this, because that Square is part of the historical centre of AthensUnhappy

If you �re planning on moving around using public transportation, you may find some useful info here.

I �ve never been to the other places you �re visiting, but here �s some interesting info on things to see and do there:

Heraklion
Santorini
Mykonos
Patmos

Hope this info helps a bit!Smile

I �m sure you �ll have a great time here!

29 Mar 2011     

my butterfly
Tunisia

ANY EXTRA INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP? PLEASE DON �T HESITATE TO SHARE THE PROGRAM OF THE TRIP IAM EAGER TO VISIT ATHENS IT IS ONE OF MY DREAMS I HOPE TO FULFIL IT SOON. THANKS IN ADVANCE

29 Mar 2011