Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Collectors corner    

Collectors corner

mikicabl
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Collectors corner

Hello creative people,
I need ideas for the lesson  `Collection corner`- Collection topic .I have a lesson about student`s collection with young learners (11-12-years-old). At the end of the lesson Ss will present their collections and we will chose the Best,Strangest and Biggest one. I`ve already made the rosettes for the awarded collections.It will be fun,they will love it,  BUT ...I have no idea how to start the lesson....
       Is there anyone who could send me a song about collections?
       Any ideas are welcomed!Thank you a lot!

9 Apr 2011      

lovinglondon
Spain

HI there!!
There is a nice site called "batlyrics" in which you can find all the songs that contain the words you look for and also the videos. Just type on the top right hand your search parameters and it will give you a list with the songs!!
I hope you find one with the words collection!!

Take care

9 Apr 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

There �s a wonderful song from the Sound of Music musical about favourite things. It �s not about collecting things but it could make a wonderful introduction to your lesson if you then make a logical connection to it saying smth like: "there are so many things around us which we like. Sometimes things remind us about some wonderful moments and then we keep them. Then we find similar things and make a collection"
Sophia

9 Apr 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Soon Williams and Kate will marry, won �t they ? Why not talking about all the items made due to royal events ? There is an English woman, whose name I can �t remember, who has been collected all she can find about the royal family since she was very young. I saw this TV report with a great pleasure.

Then I read articles about the collections of the tiniest objects, for example teddy bears or dolls. One of the collectioner was interested in everything about Road 66, another one about coffee grinders, another one about everything blue, another one about everything on Mickey Mouse, another one collected number plates, another one was crazy about frogs and so on. Some people are mad about some trademarks (Coca Cola for example) or about a singer buying everything wih this singer on (T shirts, cups, pens....)

Here in France some people are crazy about lucky charms in our new year cakes, the King Rings.

You may write a list with all the objects your students can think of, from the most classical (stamps, coins...) to the strangest (cheese boxes, old advertisement posters about chocolate...) by theme (around cars, money....). You may also use the Book of Records.

Good luck ! What about a 4-leaf clovers collection ?

9 Apr 2011     

mikicabl
Bosnia and Herzegovina

yes,I can see all your sugestions and I like all of them.Thnaks a lot.
Nice idea to compare with Royal couple...Good Maryse!And also great ideas for favourite things to start the lesson.I will do something...I`ll decide.

9 Apr 2011