Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > .docx (Word 2007) Files    

.docx (Word 2007) Files

Manderlay
Turkey

.docx (Word 2007) Files

Hi Victor,

Is there a way to upload Word 2007 (.docx) files? There is a remarkable difference between Word 2003 (.doc) and Word 2007 (.docx) files in size. For example I�ve just prepared a single flashcard sheet with 36 pictures in .docx format and it is only 156 kb. After saving it as a Word 2003 (.doc) file, the size becomes too bigger (1.2 MB) even if I resize and compress all the jpeg images. I think the size issue is the biggest problem for all the contributors in our community. If you can find a solution for this new file format, we�ll be grateful to you.

Thank you very much for all your efforts.

14 Dec 2008      

brookee
United States

Hello Manderlay--

I don�t know much about the technical aspect of all this, but please read Victor�s last response regarding this topic:

"WHY NOT .docx DOCUMENTS"

Hope this helps.

Brooke

14 Dec 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

Isn�t it possible to download some kind of converter or file viewer for documents that are in docx?

14 Dec 2008     

Manderlay
Turkey

Thank you brookee.
I�m sorry for opening a new thread without searching :(
Victor is right, many users can�t use .docx file format if they have Office 2003 installed. But Microsoft released a free Compatibility Pack for Office XP and Office 2003 users, people can easily download and install that pack (a single setup file), then they can view or edit .docx, .xlsx, .pptx files without having Office 2007.

14 Dec 2008