Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > WEWROTE A BOOK    

WEWROTE A BOOK

allusenka
Israel

WEWROTE A BOOK

Last year I participated in a special project at the end of which I had to write a book for elementry school teaching. I did this in cooperation with my close friend. We wrote a story about cats and their busy tails using job and family vocabulary. The book was published. Here I share its pdf version.

21 Apr 2011      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi dear

Your Cat �s Family is really funny: however, I don �t think you can use this forum on  a daily basis to promote your web.
Many of us have our private webs, but we don �t use this forum for self promotion - we only leave a note, when we think we have something that can be useful to what someone is looking for.
I lovedyour Camp granada ( yesterday ), your Cat ( today ) is really amusing, but you can �t use the forum this way.

Hope you understand

Regards
Linda

21 Apr 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Linda,
I am no expert and maybe I �m wrong but it looks like allushenka ws merely sharing a resource for free. It looks like a sharing site to share bigger (pdf) files, not like a personal site or blog.... The story has family and professions vocabulary and might be useful for some teachers here.
I have seen several people posting links to files that were too big to upload here and offer them that way for free.
Again, I am not familiar with "box" but it doesn �t look like a personal site...I didn �t even find a place to leave a comment or so

21 Apr 2011     

allusenka
Israel

Dear Linda,
Yesterday I really needed help with my blog, as my project supervisor insists my blog to be read by EFL educators and ESLprintables for me is the only opportunity to ask for help. As for today �s post, I thought of sharing the book since I finished it. This site is great, but  the materials that can be shared here should be in doc or ppt format. Mine is in PDF. I thought that people could use the book that �s why I shared it. I am not the person  who promotes herself.What is more, I don �t use either folums or blogs on the regular basis, except the blog you saw which I have to use in order to finish  my seminar paper. Sorry

21 Apr 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Well, I really think what allusenka did was a great way to share with us her work FOR FREE and what is this site for if not for sharing?
Neither would I mind if people shared their blog addresses here without fear of reprimand because I can �t for the life of me see what harm it could do to this site and to its users. 

21 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

@ marion  Hug

@ allusenka Ying Yang

H
i, dear friends

I quite understand that it is perfect to come here and say:

" Hi, people, I have just found this wonderful link and I want to share it with all of you ".

We all have seen this tons of times, I don �t see this can be harmfull for any one here.

But,

If I share a link and , if by any chance, that link is mine, I know people will point fingers.
I have  two web/places, I never shared them here, because I was told I couldn �t.
I was told I couldn �t share my  webs, except if I could give a reasonable link to something that was being asked in the forum.

A few people  here, privately, know about my webs, others know about them, because I was reported.
I never wrote in the forum none of my web addresses.

For me, just my opinion, what
allusenka did yesterday was marketing her own web - that doesn �t hurt me - I visited it, I liked what I saw, I turned out to be a follower; I understood she needed people to know she had a web. Ok.

Today, she comes back again, with another link to THE VERY SAME WEB.

I just wanted to make it clear for her, in a soft way / tone , that, as far as I know, that sort of thing is not allowed here. But, if due to the fact that thi site only allows word.doc or ppt, we can announce here other form of materials, then, something is wrong, cause I was told I couldn �t / shouldn �t advertise.

I don �t need to advertise anything, I am not running nowhere, but I also have some stuff that could be useful for some of you. I don �t advertise it here, I feel sometimes a little ashamed that I don �t contribute more to this site, but, what I make for my kids is difficult to upload here.

Sometime ago, a friend from this site suggested me that I could upload the stuff I have in one of my blogs here and, ( this site is a wonder ) she even explained me how I could reduce the size and she offered her own work - she said she would reduce it for, if I didn �t have the time - conclusion, I thanked her a lot and I felt obliged to go through some of the stuff to upload here - which cost me some time, thing thaT I DON �T USUALLY HAVE.

I DON �T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE ADVERTISING, BEING ALLOWED OR FORBIDDEN - I WAS JUST TRYING TO LET
allusenka KNOW THAT, PROBABLY, MIGHT BE SHE COULD BE CAUGHT IN THE MIddle of a storm.

( sorry the capital letters, no intention, just didn �t notice the caps lock was on 9

Hugs
Linda

21 Apr 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Dear Linda,

I would be really really happy if you posted your blog address here for all of us to see because we do not earn money by sharing our work, neither here nor on our blogs!

21 Apr 2011     

pauguzman
Argentina

thanks for sharing!!!!Smile

21 Apr 2011     

johanne23232
Israel

Thank you for sharing your creative work, I find it is a generous and nice thing to do, in line with everything else that goes on in this wonderful site.  

21 Apr 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Ella,
It �s a beautiful work, congratulations! Thank you for sharing it with us Smile

21 Apr 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Olinda: I don �t think that �s advertising, as Ella isn �t getting anything from it.
@Ella: Thanks for sharing! That �s very generous of you.
I noticed that at the beginning of the story the little kitten is said to be six years old. I wonder how old that is in cat years... He must be at least a middle-aged man Wink
Sophia

21 Apr 2011     

1    2    Next >