Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Adding another age category    

Adding another age category

colibrita
United Kingdom

Adding another age category

Hi All

Poor Victor, I know he has a lot on his plate with organising this great site but I �ve kindly requested adding another age category (18 or 21 or adult) to the worksheet search. It �s a super easy tweak to make which I think would really improve the site �s userfriendliness for teachers like myself of adult students.

IMVHO it really doesn �t make much sense to have age categories of 3, 4, 5 years and then to have it all end at 14/14+ There �s a world of difference between what is suitable and interesting for young teenagers and what is relevant for example for my students who are in their thirties or forties. If I need a grammar worksheet I have to trawl through loads of bunny or fairy filled stuff before I find (or don �t find) what I need! It �s not just the pictures that aren �t suitable, often the sentences revolve around the school day or typical kids � stuff.

What do you all think? Or am I in a tiny minority on here that doesn �t teach kids?

Hugs to you all from a sunny (but not for long I fear!) Barcelona

Colibrita

27 Apr 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Coilibrita...Yes another category for older students would help but only if we have some sort of criteria. As it is the levels that exist are a bit arbitrary and very subjective. I think a good description of the ws or ppt might help more but we still have members who do not give an adequate description. Just my two cents. Ed

27 Apr 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Colibrita

I �ve been hoping for this to happen for a long time but....

I have always kind of wondered why the age range stops at 14 and why there are not such topical categories as COMPUTERS, TECHNOLOGIES, CULTURE, SOCIAL ISSUES, GLOBAL ISSUES and many more. It is to disadvantage of the worksheets on these topics because they get buried among the "wrong" worksheets and lost "in the jungle" eventually.

I wish Victor could make these small but important, oh how important, improvements to this site!

27 Apr 2011