Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > A list of grammatical concepts and vocabulary themes    

A list of grammatical concepts and vocabulary themes

jennyber
Iceland

A list of grammatical concepts and vocabulary themes

I was wondering if there existed somewhere a list of grammatical concepts and vocabulary themes taught in the English language from beginner level to intermediate level. I tried to google but to no avail. From the textbooks available for each level one can write up a list but I wonder if there is a source somewhere one can use as comparison.

6 May 2011      

aftab57
United Kingdom

You can download the grammar for various level here.

6 May 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

You should also compare the grammar topics with the mother tongue of your students.
For example, Czechs can grasp the present and past passives even at the beginner level because the passive in Czech and in English are very same.
We just translate the passive word by word.
Buses are manufactured. = Autobusy jsou vyr�běny.

Hope it helps. If you are going to use a textbook, you can follow the grammatical structures there... I would suggest you to play games as way, such as board games or dominoes with grammar topics.
You can also ask your student to search your sister site www.englishexercises.org for some easy songs followed by grammar tasks...

6 May 2011     

franzjosefaut
Austria

Hey.
You can download the grammar for various level here. ????
http://www.oup.com/elt/local/gb/grammarguide?cc=gb
Well, was that helpful?
I find, that grammar info available on the net is ok (for English wizzards), however, something useful and usable for beginners or slightly above is largely unavailable. The institutions and people who provide, seem certainly to be out of touch with people, who actually need the information.
I am working on a complex program myself, to teach ESL on any level and have developed some basic concepts.
Perhaps we could put our minds together, sometime?
Greetings, Franz
Always available at [email protected]

10 May 2011