Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Public class in June    

Public class in June

Dina Lana
Mexico

Public class in June

Hello!!!
Here �s the thing ! 
My children are having the end of the year play. It doesn �t have to be anything difficult, and it doesn �t have to be play at all. But they can use poems, sketches or anything they have learnt along the year.  We are using Wonderland A and B books , so if you have any ideas PLEASE share them ... I need material so bad!!!!  
Thanks for your time !

10 May 2011      

nita551
Spain

Sorry Im not familiar with Wonderland A & B, can you tell me their age or level?

10 May 2011     

Dina Lana
Mexico

They are between 8-11.  
Thank you!!! 
The book is not important , I�ve just mentioned it in case that someone use it.

10 May 2011     

IceQueeny
Russian Federation

Hi!

You can organise a party and a competition dividing your kids into two-four teams epending on teir number. Each team can prepare its badge, its costumes, probably a wallpaper on a certain team. Then they �l have to do some tasks (better performance of a song, a poem, a short sketch and what not. Try to find some riddles and  games according to the knowledge your children have. The present parents can be the judges of the competitions.

State the topics (grammar and vocabulary) your children know for us to know what we should look for.

Good luck.

Julia

10 May 2011     

IceQueeny
Russian Federation

Sorry for misprints

depending on their number

They �ll have to do

10 May 2011     

Dina Lana
Mexico

Thank you!!! 
Great Ideas. I �ll try it and then tell you how it was!
Hope my kids like it!

10 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Dina...! I once had my students perform a puppet show, using finger puppets. They had a great time, and at the same time, it helped them perform, since they are "behind" stage, they do not feel as nervous as being directly on stage. With another group I had them do a "shadow show" (don �t really know what it �s called!) and this also was very fun for them, only in this option, they told a story having to do with animals, as the shadows are more easily identified. Hope this helps!

11 May 2011     

nita551
Spain

I�ve never done anything of the sort, but I do like to use plays in my classes, I have one that is called "ready, steady, go", its not very long but its fun and it can be easily adapted, depending on numbers, room..etc
I also thought about "going on a bear hunt", have you heard of it?, the kids pretend to go on a bear hunt, its a chant that they have to perform.
Let me know if you think they might be of use and I�ll send them to you.

11 May 2011