Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > iPads in your ESL classes?    

iPads in your ESL classes?

hanadave
Japan

iPads in your ESL classes?

Is anyone using an iPad in your ESL classes?  How and what apps do you use for different levels of students?

23 May 2011      

MWeed
Finland

There �s a bit of an ongoing debate about using a computer dictionary vs a hard copy. I find it easier to look things up in a regular dictionary, but my teaching partner has an iPad which sometimes comes in handy. We mostly use it to look up words in Finnish, but I don �t like the interface. It �s too slow to input, and since we only have one, it �s not of much use to us in the classroom.

23 May 2011     

Fernando Damour
Indonesia

I have no idea how to use Ipad in teaching..but I use laptop when I do presentation or lesson with ppt program ..the students like it..talking about using dictionary..I use computer dictionary. I find it very easier than using dict book.. Because it has audio for pronunciation both American and British. I use Cambridge and Oxford Dict software..how about you guys?

23 May 2011     

akhssass
Morocco

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/849367/us_schools_using_ipad_2_as_teaching_tool.html

Have a look at this link

23 May 2011     

hanadave
Japan

Good link.  There seems to be lots of schools that are piloting iPads so there must be some good apps out for people to use in language classes.

26 May 2011