Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > WHY WAS MY ONLINE EXERCISE NOT APPROVED?    

WHY WAS MY ONLINE EXERCISE NOT APPROVED?

patrenou
Argentina

WHY WAS MY ONLINE EXERCISE NOT APPROVED?

I uploaded an exercise  a few days ago I made for my students and to my surprise it wasn�t approved. Can I know why? It�s the first time it happens to me. Thanks I �d like to know if I did something wrong to avoid the mistake in the future.

26 May 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

I can �t see the recent OE in your profile so it has already been deleted I suppose...
The OE is not approved if the average rating is under 5: the contribution is removed.
Maybe you got the average rating under 5 because there was a mistake or the OE wasn �t loaded correctly and the "Done!" button didn �t work well...

It is also possible that your OE had been overlooked and not rated or rated by strange members who gave it low rating even thought the exercise was fine... Any member can rate the OE...

26 May 2011     

ahmed_teacher
Egypt

Do you mean that you didn�t get points for? Or what do you mean by wasn �t approved?

26 May 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

This happened to me once. Check the exercise and if it �s OK, send a PM to Victor and ask him to put the OE among new contributions again. That �s what he did for me.

Good luck, Michaela

26 May 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

Why strange, Moravc? If you don �t think the exercise is any good, should you still give it high rates? What �s the point, then? Shouldn �t that be reserved for the best or at least very good exercises? If the mistakes and non-working buttons annoy you, shouldn �t the rating reflect that? Sometimes I find really strange things in the published materials - things that would definitely be marked as wrong in my students � work. I didn �t see the OE by Patrenou, by the way, this is my opinion on this in general.

26 May 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@Minka,

what moravc had probably on her mind was, that there are some members here, who enjoy "doing damage" - reporting absolutely good wss or... rating the OEs low, for example.  Mostly these are members whose wss had been removed for some reason (copy, non-ESL) and this is their revenge to ESLP members. As a moderator I can tell you this is happening quite often. And this kind of behaviour IS strange. Wink

BTW - if you see a ws not meeting our rules, you should report it.

26 May 2011