Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > HELP PLEASE!!    

HELP PLEASE!!

angeh
Mexico

HELP PLEASE!!

Hi! 
                   I �ve been trying unsuccessfully to upload a powerpoint since last night, but every time I get the  following message: "You can only send files which end in ppt or .ppt (eventhough my file is a 97 - 2003 powerpoint version).  Please select a correct file and try again"  After I click "accept" the screen shows the legend "wait, your file is uploading" but nothing really happens.
                   Has this happened to anyone of you before? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for any advice you can send me!!

27 May 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

Many members has experienced problems with uploading a ppt. If you happen to have problems with the upload, check the current date contributions (click search). If you see more than 10-15 ppts in the list of uploaded contributions, it means that ESLPrintables is working fine, because 15 people managed to upload a ppt.
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/searchbydate.asp?eje=30&page=3&day=27&month=5&year=2011#thetop There have been 29 ppt uploads on Friday. So ESLP was working fine...

Please note that uploading a ppt is often complicated but no-one can change this, only Victor Gayol, the owner of this website. There has been many messages about problems with uploading...
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=upload&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search
The ESLP website slows down from time to time, but most members ARE ABLE TO UPLOAD.
You can always check the number of uploads of the given day and see if the others are able to share or not...

28 May 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

The only suggestion is: check the size and type (ppt not ppx), save the ppt under a new name and try to upload later in different parts of the day. Sooner or later you will succeed, I am sure!
One day, I had to try to upload 15 times before I succeeded. Sometimes the internet connection is slow, or the PC or ESLP website. KEEP TRYING PLEASE. Don �t give up!
Good luck!!!

28 May 2011