Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Christmas Story - A Christmas Truce    

Christmas Story - A Christmas Truce

Zora
Canada

Christmas Story - A Christmas Truce

Here�s a direct link to a page that has an ESL activity about a true Christmas story that warms my heart every time I hear it told. The link is refreshed about once a week, so you need to download it ASAP and not wait.

http://www.insideout.net/e-lessons.htm

Merry Christmas
Linda

17 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Isn�t it the most incredible story.  Weren�t canadian troops part of the allies alongside new Zealand and Australians?  Of course the song - Snoopy�s Christmas refers to the truce - with the German �red baron� making overtures of peace.

It is a shame the generals were allowed to prevail, it seems like the troops all new what they were doing!

I discussed this topic and song with my students and they told me about a famous football match between the Chileans and the Argentinians on the eve of what nearly became a war between the two countries.  Apparently this occurred shortly before the Falklands war with England during the erm 1980�s or late 70�s??

17 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Yes, they were. Over 1 million Canadian troops helped out... which was a fair amount considering Canada only had a population of about 11-12 million people... 

17 Dec 2008