Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Online exercises - How to fit them within the "frame"    

Online exercises - How to fit them within the "frame"

Anna P
Brazil

Online exercises - How to fit them within the "frame"

It �s hard to explain my question, but let me try:  When we make a ws we have the boundaries clearly limited but it �s different with OEs. At the risk of sounding like an advertisement (and a bad one because after working really hard on it, the OE doesn �t look nice!Angry), the OE I uploaded today shows rows of 3 pictures away from each other.  My preview shows the FIVE pictures close together - with room for at least one more!  Should we make OEs using half the available space?
I �ll try to update it at least to remove the gaps between exercises (that are not on my preview) but, if you know what I can do to improve it, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
HeartAnna

14 Jun 2011      

victor
Spain

Dear Anna,

When you insert a table, the default width is 100%. In this case the table will expand to fill the width of the screen, and the pictures will appear away from each other.

To avoid this, you can choose a fixed width when you insert a table. For example: 990 pixels is a width that will fit properly in most of the screens.

I hope this helps,

Victor

14 Jun 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

Thanks so much for your help, Victor.  I was choosing 80% for the width! That �s why it seemed fine on my preview but the end result was not so good.  I didn �t use this tool in my previous OE and was not familiar with it.
Thanks again for all you do for this wonderful site,
Anna 

14 Jun 2011