Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > be honest    

be honest

sasuna
Algeria

be honest

Dear friends and colleagues,
I have noticed recently that some members, Algerian ones at least are stealing other persons work and using it in this forum as their own worksheets. I �m sure about what I say because they know that the number of Algerian teachers who know this site is very limited ,so they take worksheets from local sites and send it as theirs.
If you want you can check at least by the names of schools and regions.
The last word to say : It is unfair to gain points by (stealing other persons work )  

14 Jul 2011      

portugueseteacher
Portugal

I agree with you.

Honesty is essential in teaching!Though I haven �t checked that situation yet it �s shameful to steal other people �s work!

14 Jul 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

This problem doesn�t have frontiers, Sasuna. The ethics and moral integrity of British journalism, for example, have been under the spotlight recently, and quite rightly. In fact, one of my favourite journalists - a fellow Glaswegian, to boot - has just been suspended from The Independent for plagiarism. It made me think: what exactly is ESLP �s policy on plagiarism? As far as I can gather, non-attribution of sources is not considered serious enough here for a sanction, yet it �s still blatantly dishonest - enough to get an otherwise excellent journalist justifiably suspended even in the back-stabbing world of UK journalism. Which is saying something.

I �ve lost count of the amount of huge text-chunks here from a variety of sources which have formed the main body of worksheets, but which the �authors � couldn �t be bothered to acknowledge. According to the �rules �, you can use non-ESL texts (a fairly vague injunction anyway) as long as you add your own exercises, but nothing is said about attributing your source(s). Leaving aside the grammaticality or otherwise of what the �author� adds, a lot of the so-called original worksheets here are simply exercises in cynicism. It takes a real brass neck to allow your name to be added after the � symbol to something which is patently not yours.

14 Jul 2011     

tancredo
Portugal

Well said, Almaz!

15 Jul 2011     

paufran
Chile

I can �t understand this...I mean...we are all teachers right? or almost everybody here...we all have the ability to create something..why stealing????....we �re not only teaching grammar or speaking or something like that but we �re also teaching values..How can a person be a teacher and teach values if that same person doesn �t have any???
it �s sad :(

15 Jul 2011     

helenarechena
Portugal

I know the feeling and it �s not good. It has happened to me too. I used to share my own resources with 1 or 2 colleagues I trusted, before even uploading them in eslprintables, until the day I came across one of my worksheets published here by someone else. And, because I hadn �t had the chance to publish it before,  I had no way of proving I was the author. It �s such a shame... I �ve always been for sharing because it �s a win win situation, but now it �s over for me... Other �s people dishosnety has made me a less helpful person...

15 Jul 2011