Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day, 17th of July    

Word of the Day, 17th of July

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

Word of the Day, 17th of July

Godd morning dear all,
I was pleased to see the PM from thedropper that I was chosen to give the next word for our wonderful and useful game! Thank you very much. It was wonderful present for Sunday morning. Smile
And here is the next word: "UKULELE." Let us be creative as usual.
 Good luck!

17 Jul 2011      

seansarto
United States

A synonym for megalomania. ...First made popular in the early 21st century political hipsterism of, "Looks like we gotta go ukulele on �em!"

17 Jul 2011     

suhakhader
Jordan

Good morning, evening and day dear colleagues,

Well, simply I would say that UKULELE is the Lady gaga �s cousin..Moreover, it is the right-hand assistant of  lady gaga when singing their nice songs:)hehehhe!Wink

Have a nice day..Cheers:)

Suha

17 Jul 2011     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

hehehe!

17 Jul 2011     

seansarto
United States

A synonym for fiscal irresponsibility - As in "Even though they could not pay their bills, they kept on playing the ukulele."

17 Jul 2011     

misseleonora
Argentina

The password to enter the aliens �code and start understanding why they chose us, the mortals, to test all their experiments. Do not try this at home, as password said in the wrong voice tone could lead you to one-way stupidity experience. Say it 5 times in front of a mirror and tell me what happens . . .

17 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Is it not how you say "hello" in your country dear Nurikshan?Big smile

or maybe this is something like that!

гавайская гитара: I love the way it is pronounced !

17 Jul 2011     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

Dear Mariethe House,

THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION,
WE SAY HELLO IN ANOTHER WAY,
IT SOUNDS: "SALEMETSIZBE! or "ZDRAVSTVUITE!Big smile

17 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Ukulele is an herb found in the mountains of Hawaii. When boiled in water and made into a tea and drunk in large quantaties it causes the drinker to dress strangely and sing in a high falsetto voice.

17 Jul 2011     

teresasimoes
Portugal

UKULELE

...sounds like a kind of fancy salad made of four different sweet music genres that you can taste after a tiring day.

17 Jul 2011     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

Dear edrodmedina,
 i have just listened to it and couldn �t stop laughing.
thank you!

17 Jul 2011     

1    2    Next >