Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD OF THE DAY    

WORD OF THE DAY

ascincoquinas
Portugal

WORD OF THE DAY

HI EVERYBODY!

THE WORD OF THE DAY IS :

MUGSHOT

DON �T FORGET USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

ASCINCOQUINAS

2 Aug 2011      

suhakhader
Jordan

Hello All,

Well, I can predict that my clever mug has the ability to take some snap shots in which I can identify the person who has just sipped his coffee with:)!! Sisters, you have to be careful not to use mineEvil Smile

Have a lovely, blissful day:)

2 Aug 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

This word sounds like some curse wordConfused like something you would call your friend (but would not by any means have them call you) when they did something really stupid as if they were under the influence of a whole mug of some substance (called stupidity btw)
"You - mugshot! How could you?!!!!"

P. S. You know it �s just a game and in real life I don �t use swear words:)

Sophia

2 Aug 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Mugshot is the urine, the pee in a "glass" you have to give your doctor, to run the pregnancy tests, for example.
My best friend �s test was positive and she is overwhelmed by joy! Me too. I gonna be an auntie. :-D

2 Aug 2011     

Apodo
Australia

A MUGSHOT is a heated tray on which to place cups or mugs of hot beverages such as tea or coffee, or even mulled wine. It keeps the mugs nice and hot while you carry them out to your  guests. You will never serve lukewarm drinks again! Also useful for people who forget to drink theirs and normally let it go cold.

2 Aug 2011     

misseleonora
Argentina

of course it is a curse word! Thumbs Down all I can picture is those machines that throw tennis balls to a person who wants to practice tennis shots on his own. In this case you have to picture that machine throwing mugs to a person who acted stupidly.
So, meaning= stupid
watch out, MUGSHOT!!!!

2 Aug 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

A mugshot is simply a punch (shot) in the face (mug).

2 Aug 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

When my doc ordered me to stop drinking coffee, there was only one solution:

Cartoon Woman Shooting A Bang Banner Out Of A Gun

Next day, newspaper headlines read:

Daily News

Desperate woman gone crazy due to lack of caffeine and shot her mug 20 times!

2 Aug 2011     

Mehlika Sultan
Moldova

when i say MUGSHOT the 1st thing that came into my mind was someone punched in the face, but i saw the picture above ya hahaha just right, so i try to make up something new:

a MUGSHOT is a magic modern mug that reads your mind and gives you any drink(from any part of the world) you want just after a wink to it.

2 Aug 2011     

celia86
Argentina

mugshots are small mugs used to have alcoholic drinks such as tequila shots. Most of them are made of porcelain; an elegant way of getting drunk Tongue

2 Aug 2011     

Errie
Japan

In Dutch the word MUG means mosquito and shot means to sChoot (shooting)

So a mugshot is.....shooting a mosquito

2 Aug 2011     

1    2    Next >