Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > download button    

download button

emstacks
Australia

download button

Hi Victor and anyone else that can shed light on the issue

Is there any chance (i know it has been raised before but was unsure of the answer) that we can move the download button to after the comments?

I have now downloaded a few of the stolen worksheets - where the first 5 or so comments were thanks but the ones after that were stolen and i have either been in a hurry to download some of them or havent scrolled down far enough.

If the download button was at the bottom it would mean that me and others like me would have no option but to scroll and read through the comments - all of them.

Just a thought?

In the meantime being more particular about reading all the comments now.... this worksheet stealing business is ridiculous.

25 Sep 2008      

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi,
I have already suggested that some days before.
Some people did not agree.
They find it too tiring to scroll down a page especially when there are "10s" of comments.
Good argument no?
Some were thinking about another option which could open the way to some to have control over others.
This is my conviction the one who downloads the stolen WS is much worse than the one who stole it.
As the French people would say: "Pas de reselleurs, pas de voleurs." (No resellers, no thieves)

25 Sep 2008     

Zora
Canada

I think Em was refering just to the position of the buttons, I think that if the positions were changed (without seeing the comments unless you actually clicked on the button) then it might be easier for us.

Although, I think a better solution might be if there was a way to make it so that you could see under the comments button, the last comment on the board... Granted you might find a "Great thanks" instead of a "Stolen do not download" but the chances are it would be helpful to most of us. 

25 Sep 2008     

chrabonsc
Poland

I agree with em .. :) its very good idea

25 Sep 2008     

Mishuna
Argentina

Hello everyone...I must say that I agree with all of you. However, I think that the best we can do is everytime we download something we MUST see the comments. I know that we don�t have much time but it�s a matter of respect to those teachers who spend a lot of time working and creating, and that effort helps us a lot in saving OUR time.
So please, let�s be fair to our colleagues and check out the comments. It will take only a few seconds. I think that this is the best solution to this problem. Not asking Victor to do something because I imagine that he doesn�t have a lot of time neither.
Let�s do this just to start...then we will see.
Any way...if we report a stolen worksheet, those points will be deleted. One last thing, I�ve seen some "thanking" comments AFTER a "stolen" comment...that is unacceptable!!!!!!

25 Sep 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

I�m one of the persons who has left comments without reading the "stolen" comments on the ws. I think, that there are some people like me that don�t have enough time to read everything, donwload the ws and then leave a comment. What�s more, I�ve seen that most people don�t leave any comments at all but download the picture. I think that that strongly critizing those who has left a comment but has made a mistake is not "healthy" for this site. I strongly believe that they don�t do it on purpose!!! I always read that most of you encourage leaving comments when one download the ws. If we are rude with those who had made a mistake, we will discourage them.

Besides, I want to ask Victor if there is a possibility of including a warming comment next to the worksheet presentation the the menu of "recent contributions". It could be sonething like "careful: this worksheet may have been solen.."  If we read the comment in advance, we can save a lot of time.

25 Sep 2008     

Zora
Canada

I have to admit that I�ve also downloaded stuff without knowing it... and sometimes it has been because I�ve been in a hurry or I glance down at the comments and just see a thanks written there without looking further. I honestly think that that happens to a lot of us. We are conscious enough to glance down and check but we just take a quick glance at the first comment. If it says "Nice work" or "Thanks", I usually download and then leave a comment... So I agree that you mustn�t lay blame at the feet of people who download and leave comment because like me, it could be an honest mistake.

I think Victor�s new point system will work better though and hopefully, we won�t be cluttering up the board with stuff like this.

Also, I think that there should be a section here strictly for Reporting Stolen Worksheets.  

25 Sep 2008     

spring
Turkey

Good night everybody (21.45 in Turkey)
I have come across so hot discussions but unfortunately they were all done when I was at school:(((
And they weren�t active anymore when I came home.
I cannot catch up with discussions �cos of the time difference.Especially nowadays.Anyway I am reading all the posts at nights and feel very happy.
Thanks goodnesses for can,should discussions..
About stolen ws....
This is what I think about "thank you" notes..
Btw I am in favour of anything that prevents stealings..
So I am with you whatever the decision is...

25 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear Damiella, and Zora

When we say that those who download stolen WS are worse than those who stole it we refer to those who do it "after" it has been reported a stolen by one or more members via their comments.

Those who download by mistake are those who did it "before" any comment is done. And even among these there are some who know that the WS is stolen but download it and don�t leave any comment what explains why these Ws manage to get an unbelievable amount of points.

26 Sep 2008