Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Let īs make our life easier.    

Let īs make our life easier.

olik-olik
Georgia

Let īs make our life easier.

Hello, everyone. I am a busy teacher as all of you. I find this site very useful. The only thing I dont īt like is that when I download a worksheet it has a name like this: eslprintables7648464537. So I have to rename it to find it later. I don īt always have time to do this, so at the weekends I have to rename hundreds of downloaded worksheets. Is there any possibility to leave the name of the ws as it was uploaded, without changing it?

28 Sep 2011      

ALI ALI
Egypt

Hello,
I guess I have the same problem & I wish we could download the wss with there titles instead of renaming them.

28 Sep 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

Have the same problem. It īs a great idea Thumbs Up

28 Sep 2011     

happysam
Algeria

you are right i have the same problem in fact at the moment this is what  i īm doing and i wish it would change if possible 

28 Sep 2011     

Mietz
Germany

It would be a great ideaSmile, but I have a feeling, that that wouldn īt be possible. Think how many worksheets there are here on the subject of "Telling the time". Where one is with that name, there couldn īt be another one with that name. Unless you want the system to ask you so many times, until there is a name, that might work...

I have adjusted my firefox to basically forcing me to type in a suitable name immediately and even on my own computer I end up naming some worksheets like "telling_the_time_ws_4". Also - I probably have a completely different system from giving names to files, than other people here. It īs adapted to my needs and logic. So even if the system suggested a name to download the file with, I would still have to change it.

As usual - just my two pence worth...

28 Sep 2011     

dagn
France

i spend half an hour a day downloading great ws and renaming them but i too have this feeling that victor has already done his best to simplify things as much as he could...

28 Sep 2011     

Lindax
Ukraine

Before downloading I copy the name of the file and then just paste it to save.

However quite often I have to face another challenge: punctuation marks  | ? * / : "   in the name of a WS.

I would be very grateful if you, dear contributors, don`t use those reserved symbols in the names of your files. That would make our life much easier!

28 Sep 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

This site has been and is so useful to me, I īd never consider asking for smth like that (as it already makes our lives much easier)... how long does it take to rename a ws ??? 5 seconds maybe ? When I downloaded many ws, I renamed them every time I downloaded one, instead of having lots of ws to rename during the weekend... Maybe you could try doing that, olik-olik ? Just a thought ...

28 Sep 2011     

may monia
Tunisia

I suffer from the same problem. Is there any way to make things easier. Thanks for the understanding.

28 Sep 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I usually rename  mine  anyway to meet my needs.  I really don īt think it would be possible at this point in time.  Think of all of the worksheerts that have already been entered and named.  Would they have to be renamed?    I fully agree with Aliciapc.

28 Sep 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I think the site is perfect just as it is. It takes very little time to do that and in exchange you save lots of hours creating your own work.
Yolanda

28 Sep 2011     

1    2    Next >