Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Pen friends to exchange letters in English and German from a German speaking country    

Pen friends to exchange letters in English and German from a German speaking country

aniapen
Poland

Pen friends to exchange letters in English and German from a German speaking country

Hi everyone!
I would like to start a new pen friend project. This time I have an idea to do it together with my colleague who teaches German. We would like to encourage both: pupils who are interested in learning English and those who are more keen on writing in German to take part in this project. In other words, our students could choose the foreign language they prefer and the partner school could choose learners who would use German - thier mother tongue and pupils who would write in English - the foreign language.

We are a primary school with 130 students aged 6-13, but I think 30 to 40 students taking part in the project would be enough.

If you �re interested in starting such a project with our school, let me know. I think it could be fun for our pupils.

Have a nice weekend,
Anna

25 Nov 2011      

modelena
Italy

Dear Anna,
I �m writing to you because I would like to take part in this project but I �m not sure that "my students" are the one you need... I am Italian, I teach English to kids aged 11-14 in a small school in the north-east of Italy. My students learn English and Spanish at school, they could write letters to your pupils in English. If you are interested in exchanging letters with us , please let me know. In that case I should ask my headteacher if she allows us to take part in this project.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Elena

25 Nov 2011     

alauddin
Bangladesh

Hi Anna,

I am teacher in a school where german is being taught thrice a week under a program named PASCH partmer schools. Our students are 12 to 19 years old and have visited different places in Germany and are very much interested to do more o this. I would like my students to join this project with you. Please tell me how and what to do bcoz they need fluency to communicate. Thank you. 

26 Nov 2011