Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Handwriting and Tracing alphabets and words work sheets    

Handwriting and Tracing alphabets and words work sheets

mukondi
South Africa

Handwriting and Tracing alphabets and words work sheets

Hi

I teach 4th  to 6th Grades classes but I have noted that most of my learners have handwriting problems . We always blame 1st Grades to 3rd Grades teachers but I have decided to help them to compile a Handwritng workbook for 1st to 3rd Grades. Will you please advice me with websites where I can get free worksheets. Any one who have free materials can also send them to me. I will also appreciate it if you can aadvice me where to get materials to improve their handwriting and spelling skills.
My kids only do English at school they speak their home langauges at home and its really tough to make them understand.

I am looking foward for your positive respond

Mukondi

14 Dec 2011      

maryse pey�
France

http://bogglesworldesl.com/little-letters.htm

14 Dec 2011     

stuartallen77
China

Hey Mukondi my bro,

Check out this!

Hope this helps,

Stuart 

14 Dec 2011     

miss K.
Ukraine

You can also try alphabuddies at www.dltk-kids.com There are crafts to make with these letters there too.

14 Dec 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Here is a site that has free fonts amongst them a traceable cursive font so that you can make your own handwriting worksheets or make your regular worksheets using that font. http://desktoppub.about.com/od/freefonts/tp/Free_Handwriting_School_Fonts.htm  Ed

14 Dec 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Here you can find themed printable writing paper http://www.dltk-kids.com/type/writing_paper.htm
Sophia

14 Dec 2011     

dennismychina
China

Hi Mucondi, A great but laborious exercise is to have the children draw lines on squared exercise paper. If squared paper is not available, they can draw the lines on lined paper, but the lines should be equidistant. If you want them to write with a slant to the right, have them draw the lines from the bottom left of the square to the top right. this helps develop a habit as well as the hand muscles. Once they have done pages (and pages and pages) of this, have them write the aplphabet over (at the same angle of) the lines they have drawn. You will be surprised at the neatness of their handwriting in a very short space of time.
Enjoy,
Dennis.

14 Dec 2011     

mukondi
South Africa

Just a note to say thank you very much for everything you have helped me with. I wouldn �t have been able to get it done without you!! I really appreciate ...

14 Dec 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

I agree with dennismychina.

15 Dec 2011