Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Can you guess where my accent īs from?    

Can you guess where my accent īs from?

Marywell
Poland

Can you guess where my accent īs from?

If you think you are good at telling different accents and you haven īt visited this page before, here you can check how good you are:
 Have fun:)

19 Dec 2011      

cheezels
New Zealand

OMG I said the girl from NZ was an Australian.
How can I live with myself????!!!!!!!!!!!

Been away from home for far too long!

19 Dec 2011     

cagreis
Portugal

Really tricky...

19 Dec 2011     

renko6
Poland

Excellent and funny, thanks for sharing . I will recommend this site my older students and I īm sure they will have a lot of fun, too.

19 Dec 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

Oh my... 15 points.   

20 Dec 2011     

libertybelle
United States

I think you have to live or have been in those countries that don īt speak English as a first language and the Canadian accent is the same as many places in the USA.
But it was entertaining.

20 Dec 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

I thought the NZ girl sounded Australian as well.

Entertaining, but I think it would be more useful if they had either limited the test to English-speaking countries or given fewer option for non-English speaking countries (FCOL who knows the difference between an Austrian, Swiss or Lithuanian accent - does it even exist?).

20 Dec 2011     

yanogator
United States

Well, Philip, since two different versions of German are spoken in Austria and Switzerland, and a totally different and unrelated language is spoken in Lithuania, I would say that there are definite differences (not that I could tell which is which, of course).

Bruce

20 Dec 2011     

Jayho
Australia

This was verrry difficult.

And yes, The NZ girl did sound Aussie but the accents are so very much alike.  The NZ clues were in her last sentences: īguess � and īfrom � which she prounounced differently to what we do.

I am going to send this to my colleagues to try

Cheers

Jayho

21 Dec 2011