Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teaching Irregular Verbs    

Teaching Irregular Verbs

sevgicik_
Turkey

Teaching Irregular Verbs

Hello everybody!

I need your useful advice on how to teach irregular verbs effectively besides making students memorise them. Can you share with me if you have some bright ideas? thanks in advance

20 Dec 2011      

Luis Lacroix
Argentina

Hello,
have a look at previous post

20 Dec 2011     

olaola
Italy

try this:

20 Dec 2011     

calixa2
Canada

Go there:
Fun activities teaching irregular verbs:

Online grammar games:

My own

Good luck!Geek

20 Dec 2011     

gicela
Argentina

I use a domino game and a wordsearch poster. You can find them in this site.

21 Dec 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

Have a look here,

http://englishiscool-esl.blogspot.com/2011/04/crosswords-irregular-past-simple.html

It �s a powerpoint with tons of crosswords to play. I used it, on a daily basis, as a game. There was a race to check who the first to finish the crossaword was. Every lesson I gave them one or two different crosswords, but they were told, in advance , which verbs to study.

Also, here,

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=96972#thetop

you have a different way of arranging those awful irregular ones.

Hope these may be of some use to you. Good luck

Linda

21 Dec 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

I use the board games from the printables here they are so much fun and its amazing how quickly the students learn the verbs.  Search irregular verbs board games xxxx Use gummy bears as counters and the kids dont get bored. :)  Hugs Yeti x

21 Dec 2011