Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Print Friendly Version    

Print Friendly Version

wolfy
Chile

Print Friendly Version

To those who don�t like backgrounds (trying to save ink for their printers):

in Word click "Tools" then "Options" then on the "Print":

Untick the box that says "Background Images and Colours" or "Colours and Background images"

29 Dec 2008      

wolfy
Chile

It wasn�t in response to your post, but having read it, maybe it helps the people who download it. ��

To help you:
When you add a frame or border: �Format / Border / Page border you should see an option which currently says "apply to whole document", it�s a drop down menu which you can change to "this selection", "front page only" or "all except the front page". �Haven�t tried it put "this selection" sounds like the one you want.

For the background image you�ll have to add the image as an image "insert from file" rather than a background. �Then add it to the 3 pages you wanted.

For the images: �

Step 1:
I would create a colour ws (3 pages) and copy it�

Step 2:
Open the copy and change all the images to black and white (double click each image on the image tab look for the colour drop down box which probably currently sayd nothing, and choose black and white). �The results are pretty disapointing though, unless you have nice high contrast images. �You can also take the time here to remove any images which are just for deco.

Step 3:
Select all and copy paste it back onto the original.

P.S.
In word Tools / Options / Print
you can set the printer not to print backgrounds (great)
There�s also another option not to print images (wohee, ahh it also doesn�t print textboxes) - Anybody know a way round this, i.e. print textboxes but not images; it really would be a perfect solution to those who don�t want the images and backgrounds. �I know some ws require the image by definition, but in many those images are just for show.

Hey my post just jumped up before yours, did you edit yours does that move the orignal? �Let�s see. �No! �The following post was before this one originally so it did makes sense, honest.

29 Dec 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thanks Wolfy for the information.  Between the information I received from you and Frenchfrog, it should work.  I will send both of your private messages whether I am successful or not.  Once again thanks to both of you for the quick reply.

29 Dec 2008