Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Reading project    

Reading project

aaisha86
Egypt

Reading project

Hello everybody,

I am thinking of a reading project for grade three students to enhance their reading skills and increase their vocabulary. I want to do this via reading stories, but this is my first year to teach a primary cycle and I don �t know how I can carry out this project in an interesting and fruitful way. So, I need your creative ideas about applying this project especially from those teaching primary stage. I hope my students enjoy it, so that I can achieve my objectives.  I would be grateful if you recommend names for simple and easy stories to start with as my students have never been exposed to such materials before and also if you know some useful and helpful websites.

Thanks in advance.

26 Dec 2011      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Aaisha!

Try these links please:

hope this helps.Thumbs Up

26 Dec 2011     

aaisha86
Egypt

Thanks a lot ascincoquinas  for the websites ,they are really useful ,but i  still need some ideas about how i can carry out a reading project through reading stories so that students enjoy and benefit at the same time.Confused

26 Dec 2011     

Apodo
Australia

You could choose readings which focus on a particlar sound, or particular vocabulary.
Here �s an example with sounds: ch, sh and th

On this page Click on

27 Dec 2011     

miss_marina...
Chile

I remember so time ago, our English Foreign language teachers had a workshop on this topic and they worked with short stories with illustrations projected on a power point presentation and they read the story to the kids, and during the reading they made different kinds of activities so as not to lose the kids �attention. One activity I remember the most was teaching them one particular word and while the teacher was reading the story, if the students hear that particular word, they had to stand up, so as a result, they will pay more attention to the story.
http://readingtokids.org/ReadingClubs/TipReadingComprehension.php

30 Dec 2011