Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > wrds    

wrds

mirela.sorina
Romania

wrds

what is the best way to teach a 10 year old girl, who does not study at home, at all , new words and rules??

27 Dec 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Use word cards and picture cards at the same time - like memory cards, use songs - the ones she likes, give her rules and examples, and then give her wrong examples and challenge her to find your �mistakes �.... just a few ideas...

27 Dec 2011     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I usually use small picture stories where they can easely understand the meaning of the words. Then I train the vocabulary with vocabulary games9 wordsearch, criss-cross, memory games, board games)  and at the end, I make them write a little picture story too. They have to draw and write one or two sentences under each picture. They have to use the vocabulary from the text they have just read. Normally, it works really well, the children love writing their own stories. Of course, this method works with children, not with teens.

28 Dec 2011     

mirela.sorina
Romania

thank u!

28 Dec 2011