Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > CLIL lessons    

CLIL lessons

Isabel L
Spain

CLIL lessons

Hello everybody.
This is the first time I�ve  taken part in this forum since I recently discovered this website which I find very interesting. I would like to make a suggestion. I work at a Spanish school where there is a bilingual programme. Students have their lessons of different subjects in English and sometimes it is very difficult to find resources which match both their level of English and the contents they have to study in a certain subject. Don�t you think it would be a good idea to include CLIL worksheets? I don�t know what the situation is in other countries but in Spain there are more and more schools involved in CLIL projects and sharing these resources would be great for us.
Please, think about it.
Thank you.
Isabel

31 Dec 2008      

Damielle
Argentina

IsabelL

Another member posted about CLIL. You should read the post:

31 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

I found this, it might be helpful.  To be honest, CLIL is a term I wasn�t familiar with.

http://www.onestopenglish.com/section.asp?docid=144587

welcome and happy new year.

31 Dec 2008     

hknong
Italy

Yes.... CLIL is a great resource both for teachers and students. I�ve been teaching in CLIL projects for two years now and I can say that the students really like it, especially when there�s a subject-theacher playing the role of English teacher. I wuld be more than happy to find a CLIL section in ESL-Printables... BUT there�s a slight problem: usually there�s a whole project around CLIL lessons and it�s not simply a matter of a worksheet or two, in my case it�s a whole folder containing worksheets as well as PowerPoint presentations as well as video or music files. At the moment it�s almost impossible to share them on ESL-Printables. It would be reeeeally nice if we could have a CLIL section for sharing folders, wouldn�t it?Wink

31 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

CLIL is not common in Denmark. I was aware of the idea but not of the term. Here in Denmark schools work more cross-curricular which is more or less the same as CLIL but not in such a large scale.

Thank you for the link it�s quite inlightening.

I was just wondering how you aproach slow learners with regard to CLIL. In my classes there are always slow learners and it�s very difficicult for them to learn English. 
What do you do to teach slow learners a subject in English?

31 Dec 2008     

Isabel L
Spain

Hello,

sorry, I took for granted everybody knew what I was referring to. I didn�t know myself until a few months ago.
CLIL stands for Content and Language Integrated Learning, which means, basically, using English as a means of communication in non-linguistic subjects. At our school we have science, social studies, maths, music, art and PE. Part of the contents of these subjects are taught in English and the class communication is mostly in English too.
There are worksheets and presentations that can be used both in the English lesson or in the other subject lesson, but others are more specific.
Tisha, not all the students join this programme, as it means more work for them, so we select the students we think can follow the lessons in English and who are willing to do the extra work the project involves, so students who have difficulties have their lessons in Spanish.
I hope a new category can be added.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

1 Jan 2009