Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Irregular verbs list    

Irregular verbs list

abba
Spain

Irregular verbs list

Hello!!! My students are studying the irregular verbs, they have learnt the list that they �ve got at the end of their student �s book. There are around 115 verbs, now I would like them to study a new list so that they could enlarge the one they have.  Have you got a good list of irregular verbs?

Thanks a lot.

Bel�n

18 Jan 2012      

douglas
United States

http://www.englishpage.com/irregularverbs/irregularverbs.html
Here �s a big list with some good explanations on some variations.

18 Jan 2012     

abba
Spain

Thanks Douglas Tongue

18 Jan 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Abba,

I have sent you a PM, together with a List of Irregular Verbs and Explanations, which you can use in conjunction with those of Douglas.

Les

18 Jan 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Abba, (Bel�n),

I think that my PM to you cannot cope with 619 Irregular Verbs, (20 pages), because it fails.  If you send me your e-mail, I will forward the List to you as an Attachment.

Many of the Irregular Verbs are based on the Root Form: unSAY; unDO; unMAKE; for example.  The endings of these verbs are formed in EXACTLY the same way as the Root: only the Prefix is added.

For Advanced Students, a complete lesson could be devoted to some of these Verbs with Prefixes.  After learning the meaning of the Prefix, the students would increase their vocabulary of Verbs, WITHOUT having to learn new words or new endings.

I hope that this helps you.

Les

18 Jan 2012