Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Do you make enough money from donations to live off?    

Do you make enough money from donations to live off?

lipofootoo
United States

Do you make enough money from donations to live off?

Hi~
This message is for Victor? the website owner. Sorry I didn�t find a contact email on the site. I am just curious about whether you receive enough money to live off of from the sites users? I always thought nobody donates, but it must work for some.

I also noticed that there are no ads on the site, which is pretty rare for an ESL site.
Anyways thanks I like your site and I have recommended it.
Ian

1 Feb 2012      

Rainbow_02
Argentina

Right! Victor �s e-mail is shown at the bottom of the home page, on the left side.

Regards.

1 Feb 2012     

libertybelle
United States

For us oldies but goodies who have been around this site for a long while - this is the second time this site has grown out of its server and I �m very happy to support Victor in getting another new server.
Not only does he maintain this site - he also has a job as a teacher.

Three cheers for Victor!HugHugHug

1 Feb 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I was at a meeting of EAL teachers today and I showed them this site. Colleagues were highly impressed and said they �d be getting some of their stuff ready to upload. It �s a marvellous, marvellous facility. I love it. Victor is a hero. 

1 Feb 2012     

carinelaurent
France

I �d like to know Victor �s answer about donations.
Hugs from France

1 Feb 2012     

melahel7
Canada

I �m willing to contribute if there is a need.  I �ve received so much from this community and I think it �s only fair to give back.

1 Feb 2012     

Urpi
Peru

I think it is fair enough, why not donate some money for a website which has given us support and has made us improve in our daily jobs.
And sorry but I consider the question a little bit inappropriate.

1 Feb 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Excuse me, lipofootoo

I consider your post quite innapropriate, unless you are available to share with us how much  you earn, doing what, which, by the way, for sure no one is interested in.

You have , here , a free web and your problem is to know if the webmaster is getting more or less.

People register here, for free, to contribute for a large community - to share - that �s our challenge.

I �m looking forward to see your contributions.

Have a nice day

Linda

1 Feb 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I think there �s a reason why there �s an option to make a donation on the left side of the page. I �m pretty sure there are quite a few people here who make a humble gesture of appreciation every now and then, and certainly, they don �t come to the forum to tell every one else what they did or what others should or shouldn �t do. It �s completely up to one �s free will to choose what they see fit. The maintenance of such a fast growing website stuffed with enormous amount of resources is quite challenging (the occasional technical hick-ups we experience are the evidence of that) Lots of esl professionals from around the globe appreciate greatly the opportunity of being a part of this amazing online community FREE of charge. I�ve been around for a year and a half (a lot less than the oldies:) and I can�t remember someone asking such a question in the forum not even once. As I said to you in a pm you could have sent a pm to Victor and then it would have been up to him to satisfy your curiosity or ignore it.
Sophia

1 Feb 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Victor�s main job is as a teacher.  When he set up this site he probably had no idea just how many other teachers around the world he would help.  The membership grew. This meant a bigger server and many members made a donation to help cover the cost to transfer to the new server.  But the membership still grew, and grew and grew and now this site is well known throughout the world wide teaching arena.  And then another server was needed.  Someone then posted a topic asking Victor if he needed donations to make this happen but he said no, that the advertising paid for the costs.  (I don�t know which advertising but I guess it�s there somewhere.)

If members wish to donate they can easily do so but my understanding is that Victor does not rely on donations to keep the site running.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Feb 2012     

douglas
United States

I don �t think that Lipofootoo �s post was inappropriate at all,  I don �t undertand why some of you are flaming her/him for it.  Perhaps the question was asked to determine whether or not he/she would make a donation.  I find it  a legitimate question. 

If there is not enough income to support the site then a donation could be made.  If there is enough, a donation would not be necessary. If I was on a shoestring budget, but wanted to help if help was needed, I would ask a similar question.

Douglas 

2 Feb 2012     

1    2    Next >