Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Motivating the unmotivated     

Motivating the unmotivated

Jayho
Australia

Motivating the unmotivated

Hi all

There is a fantabulous British Council video and report here .

The presenter outlines ten ways to get students to want to come to class.

Enjoy!

Jayo

5 Mar 2012      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Very interesting and practical ideas ! Thank you !

5 Mar 2012     

Anna P
Brazil

I was lucky to attend Ken Wilson �s seminar here in Brazil, in Curitiba, at the TESOL convention.  If you can, think about coming to Rio this year. Ken Wilson is not confirmed yet but great speakers like Paul Seligson will be here. 

Thanks for sharing this great video, Jayho!

5 Mar 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Ace! Thank you jayho ! This is fabulous and, Anna, aren �t you lucky!! I remember when I was teaching, attending conferences of the "greatest" , Mario Rinvolucri, for example and that was sheer delight. You really need people like that to give teachers the motivation to carry on teaching after 40 years!!Big smile 

5 Mar 2012     

douglas
United States

Thanks, I like the "be someone else" game --I think I will try it this week

5 Mar 2012     

asmaesperance
Algeria

thank you so much dear jayho. this video is really great 

5 Mar 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thanks for sharing, really interesting.

5 Mar 2012     

Tmk939
Russian Federation

Thanks a lot for sharing! Very interesting indeed!

5 Mar 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Jayho:) 
I myself had to teach a workshop today on some key points of the Pestalozzi programme for education professionals focusing on the importance and ways of developing critical thinking and creative thinking skills (2 classed) plus a class on Internet technologies in the English classroom (webquests, blogs, online exercises). The trainees (who are actually teachers enrolled in professional development courses, some of them with much more experience than me btw:) just suddenly appeared in our school this morning! They were supposed to come tomorrow, but somehow their authorities changed their schedule... Thank God, this was not the first time I taught these subjects and I had the ppts with me! Just wanted to share with you about my unusual day:) And I haven �t forgotten to promote our wonderful eslp community:)
Sophia

5 Mar 2012     

teresapr
Portugal

Thanks Jayho!It  is really fantabulous!All of us have to get along with so many unmotivated sts!It �s a great help and a thought-provoking video!I �ll recommend it to my friends!
Teresa

5 Mar 2012     

puddyd
Oman

Wowee, what an insiring speaker. My internet speed is bad , so i caught only snipits, but i downloaded it at home last night and look forward to being inspired a little later after work. it �s so  necessary at the moment as our students are coming to the end of a long semester.
Thanks again
Andrea

6 Mar 2012