Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Problem with worksheets    

Problem with worksheets

twixette
France

Problem with worksheets

Hello!
I �m writing this message because I �m really disappointed.
I spent hours on a preparation and I really didn �t do it on purpose but I left a French word inside and since I wasn �t able to post one document I posted two, which is not allowed (I know it now).
Somebody immediately sent a message to a moderator. (by the way, thanks!)
It was just a mistake from me and I would have really appreciated if the person had sent me a private message to make me notice the problem instead of sending a report to a moderator. That way, I could have removed my document alone and corrected the mistake.
If it had to happen again, please, send a message to the concerned person first!
Thanks!
Twixette

21 Mar 2012      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Twixette,

let me tell you one thing: moderating is  very time-consuming and if the moderators were supposed to send a PM to everyone who hasn �t read the rules properly, we would have no time for other things. So please, don �t ask us such a thing. I understand to your disappointment but the rules are clear. You can correct your ws and re-upload it.

Have a nice day, Michaela

21 Mar 2012     

twixette
France

Thanks for your message.
I am disappointed not because of the moderators but because of the person who told them because if that person had sent me a message I could have corrected my work very quickly because it was just a mistake from me.
Unfortunately, I have no access to my work because of that and I can �t correct it. I have to wait...
Have a nice day too!

21 Mar 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Twixette, I understand your disappointment but Michaela is right.  Some people do send a message before reporting but we are in no way under the obligation of doing so.

Just fix what is wrong and upload it again. 

21 Mar 2012     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Hi,

You can correct the original document you sent and reupload it.

Please be aware of the following:
1. Any member with 30pts or more could have reported your ws.
2. No one sends your ws to a moderator. Once it is reported it goes onto the reporting page.
3. Only members with 5000 pt or more have access to that page. Once it is voted on, the ws can be removed or kept depending on the vote. However, if your ws it is not 100% English there is no other choice for members, but to vote for removal.

Read the rules carefully to avoid any unnecessary hurt or ill feelings.

Welcome aboard!

21 Mar 2012     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

twixette if you are dissapointed imagine how dissapointed are the moderators who have to go each day through hundreds of ws reported because some teachers here do not take the time to read the rules of the site even though as teachers we ask everyday  our students to read. so dont feel bad, things happens and there is no harm done since you can fix your ws and upload it again.

21 Mar 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Twixette

Have you thought about the other side of the coin?  The fact that reporters and moderators could be disappointed that you didn�t read the rules.

Did you not think to read the page of rules that appear when you uploaded your document?  Did you not think to even skim these, if you were in a mad rush?   You have uploaded four documents so far so this means that you have been faced with this page of rules four times.  Not to mention the standard list of rules here and the rules you had to read and agree to abide to when you joined the site.

But never mind - you are not alone.  Every day moderators are faced with the daunting thankless task of checking reported contributions of other people that don�t read the rules either.  Quite disappointing really when these are teachers not practicing what they teach others to do.

Jayho

22 Mar 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

As a member of the site who reports many worksheets (but I don �t think I reported yours), but who is not a moderator: I tend to report only when offenses are egregious. I wouldn �t bother to report for a single French word left in a ws or when the name of the school (for example) is in a foreign language. I would report if the directions are in a foreign language, even if the questions are all in English. I would report a list of foreign words that were to be translated into English. And I look to report worksheets when the description is written in a foreign language.

If I believe a worksheet or presentation is a copy from another website, I ALWAYS report it. If I see watermarked clip art, I ALWAYS report it. Those violations can get the site in serious trouble. Otherwise, I either use my judgment or decide if I feel like reporting it. I don �t report if I don �t believe the rules were violated.

22 Mar 2012     

Mariethe House
France

teacherica:

Here is a watermarked clipart: The name of the owner is written on it so you have to pay to use it

And this one which is not watermarked , that you can use for freeSmile

22 Mar 2012     

twixette
France

Well to close the subject I had really read the rules and several times but unfortunately I made a stupid mistake. Maybe because I was too tired. Anyway, I corrected it!

22 Mar 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Here is a suggestion for you to think about:

Next time, instead of coming here and blaming the person who reported you,  just fix your error and re-upload it.  If you make a song and dance about something that is your fault you won �t get much sympathy.

23 Mar 2012     

1    2    Next >