Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > interesting information about different countries needed    

interesting information about different countries needed

saszka2
Poland

interesting information about different countries needed

Hello everyone,
I �m working on a project called "travelling around the world"
what I have to prepare is a plan for 20 lessons conected with the above topic.
The lessons have to be very engaging and there has to be a final product which means that the students have to prepare sth as a result of the classes.
I was thinking that I may choose a few countries, the students will find some interesting information about the countries and then make "wikis"(sth like websites) about the countries.
Have you got any interesting information about different countries that I could suggest my students to find? Or maybe webquests, websites, pictures?
Have you got any other ideas of what I could do to make these classes interesting. They are extra classes and I really want my students to enjoy them.

23 Mar 2012      

moravc
Czech Republic

ask students to find info on the typical cousine and prepare some meals
ask ss to make an interactive multiple choice funfact quiz
Check the Countries section
Check the series "Something you didn �t know about...

24 Mar 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

http://www.infoplease.com/countries.html

24 Mar 2012     

Kita19
Portugal

You can also give your students the cootie catchers about different countries made by Frenchfrog. They have some important information about the countries.

Check them here:

Or here, you can have an overview of them and some more:

She had some more countries, but I don �t know why I can �t find them here in Eslprintables. I remember to download one of Portugal, Greece (I think) and I think some more... 

Hope this is helpful.

24 Mar 2012     

MimiAguilar
Mexico

Well I �m from Mexico and right now there is great online page for tourists on the internet, I �ll leave the link. It practically contains everything you need :D
Good luck 

11 Jul 2012