Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Removed contribution    

Removed contribution

Orihime
Portugal

Removed contribution

Well, someone reported one of my printables yesterday, because it was a black and white version of another one.. The funny thing is I NEVER UPLOAD BLACK AND WHITE CONTRIBUTIONS! And you want to know an even funnier thing? It was removed! :D

I don �t know what happened but the moderators actually agreed with the person that reported my printable using that excuse!

If they say it was repeated, I would try to understand, because the versions I upload are, sometimes, very similar but not the same.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

31 Mar 2012      

Jayho
Australia

I don �t know Orihime - I didn �t see this yesterday.  However, I would hope that moderators open WS �s to see for themselves before voting unless it is clearly obvious.

31 Mar 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

It was me who reported it. I wanted to report it as repeated but as you uploaded both version at the same time, it wasn �t possible. Even Mena left a comment under your second contribution. She said she was disappointed because she downloaded both versions and they were the same - only couple of words were changed. As a moderator you should know the rules better. It is only right it has been removed because we are not allowed to upload wss with identical exercises. I left a comment explaining why I reported the ws for different reasons and as you can see most of the moderators agreed with me. I am only surprised you have the courage to complain here because you certainly know the exercises were identical. It �s disappointing.Confused

31 Mar 2012     

mena22
Portugal

Hi orihime! I must agree 100% with MJ_Misa. As I �ve said many times before, when two versions of the same test are uploaded in different files, we expect them to have the very same structure, the same type of exercises and the same level of difficulty,  but not  the same text and exactly the same exercises, otherwise it is no longer another version, but the very same just with a different order, as for example your multiple choice exercise, in which just the order was changed.

In addition, the fact is that all the answers were the same, so there was really no difference between the two versions.

This is not the first time worksheets like these have been reported as repeated and removed. So there must be some coherence here.

So sorry. I really like your work, but I can �t agree with you.

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs,
mena

31 Mar 2012     

Orihime
Portugal

I understand and indeed some of the exercises were identical but the grammar was different and the crosswords as well.

If the administrators and other users think they have no use for 2 versions of the same test, who am I to judge that criteria?

I just wonder why wasn �t the worksheet reported immediately but rather almost at the end of the day...

Thanks for clearing things up, dear MJ_Misa and Mena. I thought I was contributing with two versions and I didn �t put them in the same printable due to the size limit. I created two tests (as I normally do) and I wanted to share them. That �s all!

Thank you once again.

31 Mar 2012     

Orihime
Portugal

And I do have to courage to complain, MJ_Misa, because I didn �t understand why! I used them as 2 versions of the same test and that was the purpose. If it was misunderstood, I am sorry, but I had to know exactly why it was removed! :)

31 Mar 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Orihime,
your wss are really nice but the rules are for all of us the same. I wasn �t happy to report it at all but I still think it was fair.
Hope there won �t be bad feelings.
Michaela

31 Mar 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

My God, orihime, just apologise. I �ve had a look and you �ve got 13 000 + points! Why are you scrabbling for more?  What �s it all about?

31 Mar 2012     

Orihime
Portugal

No, of course not, MJ_Misa. It was only fair, I guess. As I said, I needed to know the reason and now it seems just fine. I published them as 2 versions of the same test, if it wasn �t perceived as such, my bad.

I wish you have a wonderful weekend! :)

1 Apr 2012     

Orihime
Portugal

Cunliffe: why do you think this is a way to get more points? Is this the reason you publish worksheets? Well, it is not mine. I love sharing and receiving the wonderful work you can get around here.

And if you read everything carefully, I was just trying to know the reason and I got it: the contributors and the moderators understood that one of the versions was too identical to be considered a second version. I got it and moved on... what �s your problem now?

1 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

OK. Sorry. I �ve got no problem.

1 Apr 2012