Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Syllabus Types in Coursbooks    

Syllabus Types in Coursbooks

t.javanshir
Australia

Syllabus Types in Coursbooks

Hi there,

I am doing a little research on types of syllabi that are used in different coursebooks available in the market. Different books make use of varying types of syllabi. Some use lexical, some structural, and some notional/functional. There are a lot of various types recognized but, for now, I am focusing on the abovementioned three. Of course some of them are pretty old-fashioned, but you can see some traces of them in different books.
For example, a book  like "boost your vocabulary" mainly is based on a notional type of syllabus since it is based on different notions such as family, travel, food, and so on, introduced in different units.
I would like to hear the expert opinions of those of you who are familiar with the design of coursebooks available for language teaching.
Would you provide me with the name of some books and say what do you think the syllabus type of these books are? I would be very grateful to know why do you think that particular book makes use of the syllabus type you believe it to be.

Thanks in advance,

Toofan

13 Apr 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

If you mean esl or efl then why not check the mainstream publishers like 

Sophia

13 Apr 2012