Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Please help!    

Please help!

nina1984
Ukraine

Please help!

Hello! Is it correct to say stage of fever? Thanks in advance.

21 Jun 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

About what?

21 Jun 2012     

figan
United Kingdom

In what context?

21 Jun 2012     

nina1984
Ukraine

�My colleague is working on report concerning rats and she has to describe stage of fever in rats. And I would like to know is it right to say stage of fever or one should use phase for example?

21 Jun 2012     

foose1
United States

How about, "stages of fever."  Maybe fever goes through various stages. I know my fevers get worst and then finally just go away. 

21 Jun 2012     

yanogator
United States

nina,
I think we could still use some more information. Please let us know what these stages or phases of fever in rats are, and we can be more certain of the correct term for them.
Thanks,
Bruce

21 Jun 2012     

nina1984
Ukraine

I �m not a doctor, but as far as I understood there are 3 stages or phases of fever not only in rats but also in humans. And is it correct to say that fever has stages or phases or maybe there is some special medical term?

21 Jun 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Nina

IMHO, you can say:

.. the stages/phases of a fever (EG we generally go through the various stages of a fever)
OR
... stages/phases of a fever (EG we generally go through various stages of a fever)
OR
... stage/phase of the fever (EG what stage of the fever is he in?)
OR
...stages/phases of the the fever (EG what stages of the fever did he progress through?)

You can see examples of usage for stages here and phases here

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jayho

21 Jun 2012     

nina1984
Ukraine

Thanks a lot for your quick and thorough answers!

21 Jun 2012