Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Using cards     

Using cards

ASA3000
Egypt

Using cards

Dear all,

I want to know some techniques for using cards (maybe index cards or small ones) in teaching different skills.

Once I read about a teacher who said that she can do everything with just a bunch of cards. Actually I am curious to know how to do this.

If you have any idea, please share it here.

Thanks in advance.

ASA

5 Jul 2012      

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello How are you? I hope you are well. I have read your post about using cards you can do many things with them,you can use them for matching exercises about everything you decide verbs adjectives structures etc.I hope this can help you. Bego�a

5 Jul 2012     

libertybelle
United States

You can
play memory games
Have two or more students discuss the picture
Write a story about the picture
Make a play or sketch about the picture
Use it for teaching grammar
Play bingo

There are endless possibilities - just use you imagination and let the kids do the rest!

5 Jul 2012     

MimiAguilar
Mexico

Well i �m not an expert but you can basically do a lot with simple flashcards. for example, my teacher in the preparation course had just a set of numbers with the ones she made the students play:
 Snap! 
Tic tac Toe
and a fast game in pairs where a student showed to anouther the numbers and he had to tell them, this actually helps a lot to check students spelling and when it was too easy to them two cifre numbers and then three... and so on... as well you can use the flascards to play memory games, or decorate the classroom,
and when you teach really small children you can paste them around the classroom and make them run to the figures, they love that :D
Hope i helped 
Thumbs Up

PS:
does anyone knows what i have to do to download stuff... i mean i just discovered this page and i need a lesson plan for USED TO, but i can �t download neither upload stuff...
Unhappy

5 Jul 2012     

alexcure
Poland

Search for the ideas in the site bank, I remember I used the following games with a great success: http://www.eslprintables.com/grammar_worksheets/questions/questions_games/Questions_Game_202937/#thetop 

http://www.eslprintables.com/games_worksheets/board_games/Playing_Cards_427516/#thetop 

but of course there are many more... but I don �t have enough time to search now.... good luck...

Alex

6 Jul 2012