Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Suggestion     

Suggestion

trelly
Argentina

Suggestion

Hi! It�s been long since I last posted here!
I was taking a quick look at some of the worksheets I downloaded, and I noticed that very few people write "instructions" on them. I guess all of us have to come back to the site to check the rules of some games or some special activities, and sometimes that�s not possible.
It would be really nice for those activities that are not just grammar or vocabulary exercises, to have a small reference in the worksheet and not just on the web, because it will be really helpful for all of us and a great timesaver!

11 Jan 2009      

Teacher Steve
Costa Rica

That is right trelly, I totally agree!!! And also, well, I think for sure somebody already asked for this... But I do not know the answer. Is there a possibility to have the title (headline) of the worksheets instead of a large number when you download them??? Thanks in advance...     

11 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

I  am definitely with both of you
A worksheet is useful when it has an appropriate title, clear instructions,  key answers and above all, no spelling mistakes.

My own suggestion  here concerns the necessity to revise the 3 level classification (elementary, intermediate and advanced)  which is most of the times too simple. It would make sense if we could  add other levels like (complete) beginner, pre intermediate  and upper intermediate.

Another thing is that colleagues should sometimes make sure what they upload corresponds to the appropriate level (I am often frustrated to see very basic printables presented as being advanced ????

11 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

I  am definitely with both of you
A worksheet is useful when it has an appropriate title, clear instructions,  key answers and above all, no spelling mistakes.

My own suggestion  here concerns the necessity to revise the 3 level classification (elementary, intermediate and advanced)  which is most of the times too simple. It would make sense if we could  add other levels like (complete) beginner, pre intermediate  and upper intermediate.

Another thing is that colleagues should sometimes make sure what they upload corresponds to the appropriate level (I am often frustrated to see very basic printables presented as being advanced ????

11 Jan 2009     

chorima
Spain

I agree with you in almost everything: clear instructions are essential; checking for spelling mistakes is important. I think that Brahim S� suggestion about revising the 3 levels is a GREAT SUGGESTION but....dear Brahim S, sometimes it is very difficult to decide the level of your worksheets, It depends on the country, the classroom..... what it is elementary for you, it may be intermediate for other members. I don�t think there is a solution for that....we need patience and time to go through the worksheet (in the preview) and see if it is adpatable for our students.

Chorima   Tongue

11 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Good comments chorima.

So far I haven�t downloaded anything that I have not modified in some way to be more appropriate for my students. This could be as simple as e.g. changing the name of a geographic location (e.g. somewhere in Spain) to something in Japan & providing a matching picture. I never download anything from here with the expectation that it will be ready for me to use UNLESS it�s from another teacher in Japan... at least then I know their syllabus & cultural environment will be similar.
cheers,
ab

12 Jan 2009