Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Make your students improve their oral understanding    

Make your students improve their oral understanding

maryse pey�
France

Make your students improve their oral understanding

http://storynory.com/

Just an interesting site... to share and enjoy !

2 Aug 2012      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Thanks so much for sharing!Thumbs Up

2 Aug 2012     

anitarobi
Croatia

Dear Maryse, I �ve used it and find it very useful. I love Natasha �s readings...

2 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Yep, now it �s in my bookmarks as well:) Thanks:)
Maryse, maybe you�ll like this one too  http://www.smories.com/ 
Sophia

2 Aug 2012     

yanogator
United States

I was looking at Cinderella, and the language used in it is very stilted and unnatural, with many archaic words (like "beset" with jewels). I can �t imagine it being useful for anyone but highly advanced students.

Bruce

2 Aug 2012     

Jayho
Australia

I�ve used this fantabulous site Maryse.  I particularly like the �unusual stories � category but it is great for the classics too.

Thanks for your fantabulous link Sophia - original stories by kidz are great motivators for kidz.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Aug 2012     

Tmk939
Russian Federation

Thanks a lot Maryse for your site!

3 Aug 2012     

maryse pey�
France

Hi everyone,

1st of all many thanks to Sophia for her link.

Now just some words for Bruce. I like this site because we can share our experience and  it is interesting to have different opinions. Particularly from English speakers.

Now I would like to share something else with you : I have been teaching French to 3 American teens for 5 or 6 years now (each summper in fact) and 2 of them are to sit for the SAT at the end of this new school year. I was puzzled when I saw some errors in the French test ! The splitting of words particularly. Is it a reason to say that everything in this part of the test is wrong ? 1 of the texts was of very high level because it was in "old" French from a XIX century French author...

You know Bruce English is a fantastic language with which I fell in love as soon as my very 1st lesson ! More than that this language is evolving faster than any other one in the world.

And one of my "specificities" is to consider that students are always proud to say that they have understood something so I DO like to try to give us different materials. And different advice and opinions about the tools we use are to take in account... That way each one of us, who agree or disagree, can adapt those tools to their students and their way of teaching.

That is why I love this site ! Sharing is important, whatever topic is shared when you are motivated to improve yourself to give more to the others !

Thank you to all of you for your implication, your advice, your links and your love of teaching.

Plenty, plenty, plenty of hugs to everybody and excellent week end.

Maryse.

3 Aug 2012     

yanogator
United States

Maryse,
All I said was that I didn �t think the Cinderella story was useful for teaching English, not that the entire site was useless.

Bruce

3 Aug 2012