Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Help please! i am new around here.    

Help please! i am new around here.

Faik85
Turkey

Help please! i am new around here.

it says that my contributions has been reported? and i wonder on what grounds they have been reported. maybe because i �ve used pictures with watermarks, could that be the reason? what should i do?

7 Aug 2012      

maryse pey�
France

I am afraid that it is clearly written in the rules that watermarked pictures are strictly forbidden.

Just to prevent problems the site knew not so long ago.

So please, read the rules carefully and you will be able to fully enjoy the advantages of such a wonderful site.

By the way welcome !

7 Aug 2012     

Faik85
Turkey

thanks for your help, i guess i have to remove the pictures and upload again

7 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You can replace the watermarked images and reupload your contribution.
You must use only free, public domain images.
Here are some sources for you:

So, after you �ve looked through those collections, do you still think you need watermarked images:)?
Sophia

7 Aug 2012     

Faik85
Turkey

l�l Sophia thanks for your advice. I think i am through with any kind of images for now (=

7 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Seriously? Once bitten, twice shy? 
Use free images and your contributions are safe. Besides, images are great tools in language teaching you can �t do without them.
Sophia

7 Aug 2012     

yanogator
United States

and your work will be downloaded much more with images than without, so you �ll get the points you need.

Bruce

7 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

The others are right and Sophia �s links are great. Persevere, there are lots of good free images.
This happened to me early on. I did a ppt tracing how we get crisps from potatoes. There were lots of slides and lots of pictures. However, on one (and it was only a picture of a measly potato!), there was a watermark which I just hadn �t noticed. I had a good number of points by the time it was reported (rightly) and I lost them. Never mind, it was a useful lesson! You are only 6 points away from the magic 30! Re-submit your ws. Onwards and upwards!

8 Aug 2012     

teachonthebeach
Brazil

If I manage to cut the watermark off, then what?  Or how about if I cover it with something so you can �t see it?

8 Aug 2012